Have you ever considered why “cold and flu season” is significantly worse for some people than it is for others? Have you ever been that person? The one who feels like as soon as you are feeling better that you are hit again? Have you ever thought “why me”?
Germs can create disease when the conditions become favorable for them to thrive. This means that our immune system has to be weakened.
It is estimated that 1 in 10 of the 100 trillion cells in the human body are human cells. We constantly live in sync with various microorganisms. A weakened immune system can allow for the perfect opportunity for viruses, bacteria and other bugs to spread and compromise our health.
What ways can we keep the balance?
- The immune system is more active at night during deep sleep, so get ample rest.
- Rule of thumb: divide your weight in pounds in half. That is how many ounces of water you should be drinking each day.
- Great as a daily supplement. Those who take daily are found to have fewer colds
- Great antibiotic properties
- Great for heart, liver and lung function
- Great for fatigue
- Great for poor digestive health
- Great for fighting parasites
- Great for soothing nausea
- Powerful antioxidant
- Vitamin C
- Needed for waste removal and cellular functions
- Food options: Broccoli, Oranges, Red Bell Peppers, Kiwi, Guava, Strawberries, Tomato Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Great for fighting off pathogens
- Helps to control bacterial growth
Sine 70% of the immune system is found in the gut, it is critical to ensure we have a properly working digestive system. An abundance of plants in the diet is a great way to boost the immune system and support good digestive health.